[rescue] WTB: sdlt 160/320 lvd/se tape drive

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Mar 18 19:23:57 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:46:14PM -0700, stephen price wrote:
> I'd like to upgrade my mini-library from a dlt 40/80
> to a higher capacity drive.

I feel that I should note that it's highly unlikely that it would be
easy to swap out a DLT drive for a SDLT library.   The library interface
on the two is completely different (a connector on the DLT drive vs. an
IR port on the SDLT).

With that said, I've managed to successfully (at least in theory :)
convert a ATL DLT7000 library to work with an LTO tape drive and LTO
tapes, but it required a lot of hackery, and I was lucky that the
interface between the library and drive on that system was just
something that connected to the LEDs and Switches front panel instead of
the "library" connector on the drive.

Pat