[rescue] Scroll wheel mouse on Ultra60 ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Mar 9 14:46:23 CDT 2008

Was wondering if there is a way to get a scroll wheel mouse operating on
a U60.

Ideas I had:

1. USB (I did install an IOGear GIF320 firewire/USB combo card)
2. using the Sun interface converter (I have one)

On idea 1, how do you tell Solaris' X server to get the mouse events
from USB ?
On idea 2, will the firmware in the interface converter pass along
scroll wheel events ?

On either idea, can Solaris' X server respond to scroll wheel events ?

Currently running Solaris 8, but looking to move it to 9 or 10.

-- Curt