[rescue] A cheap flat panel display that would work good for Suns...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Mar 7 10:47:36 CST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:58:00AM -0500, Earl Baugh wrote:
> In my new rack set up, I've got a Sun KVM, and I was thinking of getting an
> inexpensive flat panel
> that I could hook up to it.  Used would work, if it had a good
> picture...under $100 would be just perfect...
> (I know, I can dream 8-) )

Every now and then you can get lucky.

I managed to snag a 17" LCD from Costco for under $100 (after tax even!)
a few months ago.

> and I do have KVM to HD15 for VGA monitors.   I'd like something that
> supports the 1152x900 resolution

I would think you'd either want to bump the suns down or up to 1024x768
or 1280x1024.  I've never see a LCD that does 1152x900 natively and
scaling tends to be extremely ugly.