[rescue] Sixteen bay SATA chassis available

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:29:40 CST 2008

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 04:15:07PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> No.  Are you saying that the humongous number of fans that come with the
>> case, plus the fan on each of the hard drive cages won't be enough?
>
> I didn't look up the case - but 3 hard drives instead of 1 has to generate
> a lot of heat.

It's actually 5 in place of 3, but there's a supplemental fan on the
cage that pulls air past the drives, and three 120mm on the backside of
the drive bays.  The case is pretty extreme.  I'll monitor the SMART
settings to make sure, but I think I'll be alright.  If worse comes to
worst, I can swap out the 5-in-3 cage for a 4-in-3 cage, which will give
me a little more space around the drives.

Peace...  Sridhar