[rescue] Deciding how to place machines in a rack...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 3 21:45:49 CST 2008

>From: Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org>
>Date: 2008/03/03 Mon PM 01:29:41 CST
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] Deciding how to place machines in a rack...

<snip>

>I was thinking the 420R and 220R on the bottom.  I've got them I think, a
>"tad" too high in the old rack... didn't quite get killed putting them in,
>and while it IS handy to have
>them slide out on their rails at waist height or higher (no bending to put
>stuff in them), I am thinking for safety, it's better to put them in the
>bottom.

Just curious, how often do you need/want to go inside them?

Personally, I'd go low, but that would be out of necessity, since I'd have to
install them by myself ;^)

I'm in the market for another rack - the one I have is too shallow, I'm hoping
to find something at TCF next month, but it is hard to find nice chassis at
"reasonable" prices - I might go to metro shelving, but I'd rather have
another proper rack...

Lionel