[rescue] Partial success

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Jun 24 09:40:47 CDT 2008

I got an Ugh Level grumpy message from: Phil Stracchino
> Steve Hatle wrote:
>> On 6/24/08 8:41 AM, "Phil Stracchino"  wrote:
>>
>>> If you have clearance below,
>>> but not above, the slim optical drive, you're OK.  If you have
>>> clearance
>>> above, but not below, it's not going to fit.
>>>

>> Well, in that case, just put it in upside down :-)
>
> Won't fit the bracket that way.  Plus, slim optical drives tend not to
> have clips to hold the disk in when used in unusual orientations like,
> say, upside down.  ;)

No...they (99%) have spring-loaded retaining bearings/clips on the central
spindle.  They hold the disc in any orientation.  I don't think I've ever
seen one without them.
--
Mike Hebel

See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!