[rescue] iBasketcase

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Mon Jan 21 10:26:08 CST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:32, Mark wrote:

>> parts of the case are badly corroded and there's green and
>> white corrosion products visible in various places.
>
> If it's anywhere around the 'wrist rest' area, or where it took bumps
> regularly this is normal an not a sign of moisture. I think looking at
> the pain layers, Apple used a green etch primer over the alloy and
> then overlaid that with light grey paint. Anywhere it's been rubbed
> extensively or got sweat on it it breaks up, mine is just the same,
> you can scrape the pain on the wrist rest off with your finger nail
> and it's like play-do.

I have an  iSaver, which is pretty much just a microfiber cloth cut to
size and stamped "iSaver", that I put between de keyboard and screen
when I close my PowerBook, to prevent the bodily fluids that oze from
my fingers and end up on the keys from gunking up my LCD.

And it doubles nicely as a wrist pad when folded up. Prevents sweaty
trackpadding wrist and presumably counters the corroding wrist rest
problem, too.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?