[rescue] Solaris 10 graphics card swap

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 16 14:06:58 CST 2008

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: 2008/01/15 Tue PM 10:59:39 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Solaris 10 graphics card swap

<snip>

>I may need to do a reinstall anyway.  As currently configured, this U80
>(4x450, 4gigs, dual 9 gig, raptor64 gfx) is getting trounced by the U5
>next to it (333, 512).
>
>I suspect that the Raptor64 may be way too slow.
>
>And I also suspect that the disk is way too slow as well (IBM DGHS09Y).

Given my definition of "trounced" your statement makes no sense to me - please explain? What is the workload that is optomized for a single-thread at 2/3rds the CPU clock spees, 1/2 the CPU cache, and 1/8th the RAM? I can't think of a workload that would excel in such an environment over the richer U80 environment...

Lionel