[rescue] Solaris 10 graphics card swap

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jan 16 07:32:19 CST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Now I want to switch from a raptor64 card to a Sun card (forget the
> Sun name, but it says wildcat on it).  I know I wouldn't have to do a
> reinstall, but is it really so simple as to just swap cards and see
> the new card work?

Do a 'touch /reconfigure' before you power down prior to the swap.  My
experience has been that X will come right up after swapping
framebuffers on a SPARC.  But, if it doesn't, fbconfig[0] should fix
that for you.

[0] I think the device-specific configuration program for that card is
     jfbconfig, but Solaris tends to deal with framebuffer swaps pretty
     well, so fbconfig should call it for you.
--
Jonathan Patschke
Elgin, TX