[rescue] FC-AL drives on sale at geeks.com

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Mon Jan 7 20:49:24 CST 2008

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> I don't think I've managed more than about 70-80MB/sec off of a 1Gb FC
> loop.  If one SATA drive can do 100MB/sec, that's faster than what I
> expect you can get a 1Gb FC loop to run at.
>
> Pat

That sounds pretty close Pat.

I can say that I use an EMC AX100 (12 x 250GB SATA Disks) .  I have the
disks split up into two luns (About 1TB of Raid-5 each), over a 1Gb FC
attached back to a Sun V240.  I have added both luns into a ZFS pool,
and see read performance at about 120MB/s sustained, and write
performance ~75MB/s sustained.

I'd use all four ports at the back of the AX100, but MPxIO just
confounds me.   Has anyone had any real success with MPxIO on EMC?

/Mark