[rescue] E450 free for pickup in 84094

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Feb 27 03:06:55 CST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:05:20PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Richard wrote:
> > He works for Sun, so the unit may have a non-standard configuration.
> >
> > If its 4 GB/CPU with 4 CPUs, then 16 GB makes sense.
>
> No, max 4GB RAM, max 4CPUs. Total.  You can put a sh..crapload of disks
> into them, though, if they have all 3 SCSI backplanes.

How much higher is the electricity consumption of an equivalently
loaded E450 (ie. two CPUs only) when compared with an U60/80? Has
anyone measured this? For me power consumption is now the most
critical factor when accepting free machines for home use (and its
summer here in the southern hemisphere, I really don't want extra heat
right now!).

Cheers,
Jonathan.