[rescue] Looking for tips and advice on laptop disassembly

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Feb 26 17:33:18 CST 2008

     On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Mr. Ian Primus wrote:

> Hmm, sounds like something isn't seated right. Take
> the machine farther apart. On some Dell laptops, there
> is a power regulator board that plugs against the
> motherboard with a couple of flat white connectors.

    Sadly, that didn't seem to be the case with this little
device.  I took it down to its component boards this evening
(with more than a little bit of help from Messrs. Primus and
Fogg) and reassembled it -- with no change in symptoms.  I
may take it down again (it's got a couple of missing screws
at the moment, so it'll be easier next time ;-) ) just to
see if there's something I missed, but just wanted to pass
along my thanks for the assistance and support.

    Cheers!