[rescue] XTERMS - was: Free: Sparcstation 1/1+/2/5, U5, monitors, cables.

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Feb 19 10:50:33 CST 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:00:41 -0500, "James Fogg" <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:
>> When they put 220V in the garage they'll have to trench between the
> garage
>> and the house so I'll just have them put in a separate empty 3/4"
> conduit
>> that I can put outdoor cable in.
>>
>> Of course by the time I get to that I'll be putting fiber in that
> conduit.
>> ;-)
>
> You might want to make that 4". And you might want to also run a water
> line out there, maybe a hot water line too. These are just things I
> learned from building my garage.
>
> The cost of the trench doesn't change.

Well I know there's a gas line out there already (unless that space heater
is fully electric (0) - which I doubt) and I know there's a sewer line out
there already. (Toilet flange in the garage floor.)

So if there's already sewer all I'd have to run is cold water and put in a
small water heater.

4" puts a much bigger hole in the foundation of the house.  Not sure if I
want that or not.

Mike Hebel
(0) The old ceiling-to-floor sized wall-mount model common in 70's prefab
homes of which I seem to be unable to find a picture of at the moment.
--
Help!  I'm trapped in a maze of evil spammers and bad IRC quotes!