[rescue] Free: Sparcstation 1/1+/2/5, U5, monitors, cables.

Louis Erickson lerickson at rdwarf.net
Sat Feb 16 23:57:01 CST 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, der Mouse wrote:

> > NCD 19r monochrome X Terminal.
>
> If anyone takes this and it doesn't come with software, ask me - I have
> software for at least some of the NCD 19* line, and may be able to
> provide a working image.  I *think* my own NCD (which I definitely have
> a working image for) is a 19r....

This is a very kind offer, because without the boot image, these things
are pretty much a doorstop.

Last time I used it - and it was in service regularly! - I copied the
firmware on to a floppy disc, which is hanging off the back of it via a
twist-tie.  Presumably it's still good.  If not, it's good to know someone
else might have the image.

I never did get the color NCD box really running, mostly because fiddling
with an xterm seemed silly when I bought a dozen old Dell laptops surplus
and can just run X and Linux right on them.  =)

--
Louis Erickson - lerickson at rdwarf.net - http://www.rdwarf.com/~wwonko/

There are really not many jobs that actually require a penis or a
vagina, and all other occupations should be open to everyone.
		-- Gloria Steinem