[rescue] slightly odd E4000 rescue

Matthew Weigel unique at idempot.net
Sat Feb 16 13:48:39 CST 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> OK, so I picked up this config for $50 yesterday, no idea if it works
> yet (haven't plugged it in)

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, I just won an E4500 on eBay.  Kind of an
impulse purchase, but I have the rack space so I figured I'd give it a try.
I'm very curious if the recent OpenBSD work to get sparc64 SMP going can
handle a beast with 14 CPUs and 14GB RAM...

> I only need the one IO board, correct?  I have a bunch of SBus cards
> somewhere, I think.

The E4500 only requires one IO board, I'd assume the E4000 is similar in that
regard?

> My plan is to use this box for email and web hosting - Apache processes
> will be spread evenly among all CPUs.

You should have CPUs to spare ;-)
--
  Matthew Weigel