[rescue] Cisco hardware quest

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Feb 15 20:28:32 CST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:16 PM, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> It's like what happened on my 1999 Audi A8.  Audi said there was
>> no reason to replace the trans fluid, ever, that it was a
>> "lifetime fluid" good for the transmission's lifetime.
>>
>> Which was true, in that when the fluid degraded the transmission
>> would reach the end of its lifetime shortly thereafter and would
>> be no good.    All the cars that are having problems are past thei
>> Audi warranty period.
>
> You had a D2 A8, too? We had one for 3 or 4 years and drove it
> until it blew up (head gasket.) God love Audi depreciation,
> providing badass cars at cheap prices to the masses.

We recently had some snow here in PA - I drove the A8 and was
impressed by the quattro grip in spite of having crappy Goodyear
Eagles on it.

Once I buy the wife an SUV, negating her ability to override my
choice of vehicle, I will be looking for a 2003-ish TT quattro, I
think - the A8 is just a huge vehicle and most of the time I drive
alone or with 1 passenger.  Then again I may fix the transmission and
keep the car for a few years - dropping into 3rd and rocketing to
80mph is quite a feeling!

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net