[rescue] Commodore and other kit

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Feb 15 09:16:13 CST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> It's often discussed on rec.radio.shortwave and the equipment specific
> mailing lists I'm on, Ten-Tec and Drake. I have no heathkit stuff, my
> ex-wife stole the only one I ever built and so I don't subscribe
> to it.

Your ex-wife stole your heathkit. A tragedy in its own right, but
when this phrase is repeated on its own I find it amusingly odd, and
I'm sure others here do, too. It's almost like the beginning of a
country-western tune. "my wife stole my heathkit and my nixie tubes
and all she left me with is this VAX grant continuity card."

-Jon