[rescue] 9" VAIO with transmeta processor

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Feb 12 19:55:02 CST 2008

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 03:40:19PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> Amy has one of these, a Picturebook, and she uses it as her normal laptop
>> when traveling.
>>

> Finally found the pictures of it - is your machine similar?
>
> http://www.mrbill.net/picturebook/

Very similar, but not the same model, looks like that one is newer than
mine.  Also, I think the model of mine is PCG-C1VN, which is on a label
near the display, the label on the bottom says PCG-141A.  I'm in the
process of installing "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs" on it to see
how it runs.  XP would run pretty poorly on 128MB of RAM, i think.

    -Dan Sikorski