[rescue] Wide disk on Narrow bus, reprise

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Mon Feb 11 17:56:29 CST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008, at 4:31 PM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Will the LX take 1.6" high disks? I suspect it won't but if it will
> you can get SCSIDE adapters that sit under a 1" disk and convert it to
> SCSI without adding much extra baggage to the form factor.

Yes, the IPC/IPX/LX series will take half-height disks - I have an
ancient 4GB half-height in mine right now. Who makes the adaptor? I
have an Acard 7mumble that's too wide to fit in a 3.5" bay.

Earlier (pre-Ultra2) drives will often have jumper-selectable
termination, especially 68-pin models. Some Ultra-Wide SCA drives
even have a termination jumper. Ultra2/LVD specified that the
terminator be on the cable, though.