[rescue] Wide disk on Narrow bus, reprise

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 6 20:30:57 CST 2008

>From: Curious George <jorge234q at yahoo.com>
>Date: 2008/02/06 Wed PM 06:34:14 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Wide disk on Narrow bus, reprise

<snip>

>I have external cases.  I was trying to figure out
>how to cram the bigger (capacity) drive into this
>nice little LX case -- to *avoid* using an external
>case.  :-(
>
>Maybe I'll look around for another *tiny* machine
>that uses IDE drives (which are easy to find in
>larger sizes)

I like the D201GLY2 motherboard - it isn't the fastest or "greenest" MB out there, but at about $70-75, it is a great value for a small little box. The latest version has two SATA ports and an IDE port, is fan-less, and can take up to two Gigs of DDR2 RAM (single DIMM).[0]

It might fit in your lunchbox chassis, and two SATA drives would afford you a lot of storage.

Just a thought,

Lionel

[0] http://blogs.sun.com/PotstickerGuru/entry/part_2_running_solaris_on