[rescue] Mac OS X Server 10.0

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Dec 18 01:18:28 CST 2008

Jerry K wrote:
> It was my understanding that the 10.0 server still had the Mac OS 9
> style interface, vs the new Aqua interface that came with the 10.0
> client.  Can anyone confirm that?
>
> Jerry
>

> Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

>>> I still kick myself occasionally for not picking up a copy of Mac OS X
>>> Server 1.0 when the local Half-Price Books had a couple for $40.  It
>>> might
>>> not be useful for much, but it's certainly a unique curiosity.
>>>

>> I still need a copy of Mac OS X Server 1.2 to round out the collection.
>>  It was an important upgrade to 1.0.  I own retail copies of every Mac
>> OS X version around except Server + I have a retail copy of OS X Server
>> 1.0.  The problem is I don't want to give them away.
>>
>> Andrew

No Mac OS X Server 1.0 has the Copland/MacOS 8/9 interface. (OPENSTEP 5
equivalent)
Mac OS X Server 1.2 was a point release/feature/bug/fix to that.

Mac OS X Server 10.0 was OS X 10.0 (Cheetah) with server tools and services.

Mac OS X Server 10.1 == 10.1++ (Puma)
10.2 (Jaguar)
10.3 (Panther)
10.4 (Tiger)