[rescue] Powermac G5 V.s. MacBook

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Dec 10 06:54:55 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 05:42:06PM -0800, Rick Hamell wrote:
[...]
> Since Leopard still runs on iBook G3s that are what 8 years old, I don't
> see that being much of a problem. The G5 PowerMac is still a powerful work
> beast of a machine and is actually in high demand by corporations that
> can't migrate to Leopard yet.

Leopard just kernel panics on my 2000-vintage 500MHz G4, and ISTR the kernel
panic implying that it was using instructions not supported on that CPU. It
runs Tiger fine.

I've also got a Umax S910 kicking around and I've yet to find any version of
OSX that'll boot on it. I might wave BeOS at that for a laugh.