[rescue] Powermac G5

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 02:53:20 CST 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 20:33, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> There's something about owning the best and last of a true computing
> platform.

I don't think I'd ever be *that* complimentary about the PowerMac.
Great computers, yes, but the heeled OpenFirmware and  makes them a
poor cousin to the RS/6000 / pSeries and Sun SPARC systems at best. I
suppose that's what being a consumer/pro-sumer computer boils down to
in the end.

I do miss the PowerPC Macs, but on the flip side I own a Mac Pro and
it's a truly awesome piece of kit (even 2 years later), even if it is
just a PC in a fancy box :P

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: