[rescue] Need Powermac G5- Dual 2.0 Ghz or better

Christopher Purdy escher2 at chartermi.net
Mon Dec 8 08:17:08 CST 2008

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a Powermac G5 Dual CPU, 2.0Ghz or higher.  I'm building my home recording studio and my MacBook isn't cutting it, I need the expandability.

So, I'd like to trade any / all of the following for a high end PowerMac G5

iMac G5 - 1.6 Ghz, 1.5GB Ram, Combo drive, 80 GB HDD

MacBook - 6months old - still under warranty.  2.1 Ghz Core2 Duo, 4GB ram, 120GB HDD, White

Gaming PC - AMD X64 Dual Core 4800+, 1GB ram, Gigabyte SLI MB, GeForce 8800GTS 320MB video, 160GB SATA, DVD Burner, 80GB IDE.

And a few workstations are available as well:

SGI Octane - Not sure of spec, recieved in a trade last year.  Single CPU.

SGI O2

Sun Blade 100

Sparc 20 - Dual 150 ROSS CPU ( I think, I haven't botted this one up in a while).

Two Sun GDM 19" monitors

Let me know if anyone has a G5 they are willing to part with.  I'm thinking e-bay next...

Thanks,

- Chris