[rescue] Linux FSs

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sun Dec 7 02:30:56 CST 2008

> You can improve ext3 performance somewhat by mounting it noatime or relatime
> and enabling the dir_index feature on the filesystem.

Yes, I've done all of this and another thing - increasing journal size.
Years ago the default journal size was 32M but current mkfs versions use
128M becuase this is more suited to todays hardware capabilities
(operations/s). I had several ext3 filesystems that were created many
years ago and I changed the journal size for the to 128M too.

Overall, I don't think the performance of ext3 is too bad compared to
others.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)