[rescue] Trimming down Solaris 10

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:30:31 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com> wrote:
> Here is my Solaris 10 Jumpstart profile. Starts out with SUNWXCreq and
> adds some packages but removes a bunch of others. Who needs telnet and
> ftp, anyway? I don't know if it has the stuff requried for ZFS.

For ZFS you'll need:

SUNWzfskr (that's the kernel part)
SUNWzfsr (root part)
SUNWzfsu (usr land)

If you are booting mirrored zfs root, they're a definite required :)

> package SUNWsshcu       add     # ssh
> package SUNWsshdr       add     # ssh
> package SUNWsshdu       add     # ssh
> package SUNWsshr        add     # ssh
> package SUNWsshu        add     # ssh

cluster SUNWCssh add # replaces all the above

> package SUNWtftpr       delete  # tftp
> package SUNWtftp        delete  # tftp

You need that if you are doing a sunray or jumpstart

Also, if you need the trusted extensions to X, you'll need:

SUNWtsr
SUNWtsu
SUNWxorg-tsol-module
SUNWxwts

If you used CDE, that's another 4 more packages for TSE / CDE (10 more
if using gnome...)

Francois