[rescue] SGI Indigo2 & IRIX 6.5

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:48:02 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Skeezics Boondoggle <skeezicsb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyhoo, the point is that you can, with some tinkering and patience,
> set up Solaris 10 without GNOME.  At least it was possible with the
> now-pretty-ancient 11/06 release, which was current when I was last
> monkeying with this stuff.

Plus, who has time to do that to save a few gigs. I do a full install
and just use what I want. I instead disable services, that takes no
time, because in the end, you want free memory and cpu more than disk
space.

> I only boot up that U5 these days to
> tinker with installing OpenStep 4.2/Mach on a SunPCi II card.  (Why?
> Because it's there!)

Could you explain how you do this? I cant figure out how to install
OSes that are not directly supported by the installer. Been trying to
install Solaris x86 on the sunpci, for example. You could boot from
the network with some work, but where do you install?