[rescue] SGI Indigo2 & IRIX 6.5

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Dec 1 19:37:18 CST 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> You wondered what one would ever use online help for.
>
> Uh, no; if someone did, it wasn't me.

Oh, sorry, that was Patrick.

> But I do entirely agree with you about man vs. info for help files.
> IMHO, the entire point of help files is defeated by using a help file
> browser so cryptic to non-EMACS users that in order to read the help
> file to tell you how to use the help file browser,

Exactly.

> Fortunately, I have discovered alternate info browsers that make info
> documentation, if not *pleasant* to use, then at least more or less
> usable.

There was one I found a while back that used lynx keybindings, and that
was rather nice.  However, these days I just don't bother.  I use
info2html and my favorite web browser.

--
Jonathan Patschke < "There is great satisfaction in building good tools
Elgin, TX          > for other people to use."