[rescue] Prime 4150 on E-Bay...

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 08:32:43 CST 2008

--- On Mon, 12/1/08, Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu> wrote:

> From: Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Prime 4150 on E-Bay...
> To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 9:08 AM
> > The price is well out of my price range but that might
> not be the case
>  > for someone else on this list.
>
> The price is well beyond stupid.  I got a complete 4050 for
> a fraction
> of that, with documentation.  That listing has been there
> for long
> enough that I'm having trouble remembering when I first
> saw it, but I
> think it's been about a year.

Yeah, I remember seeing that one a year ago too. That price is insane, especially for something totally untested and unknown. The only reason someone would absolutely _need_ a Prime these days would be for a source of spares for an existing machine. Of course, they could just as easily contact one of the remaining Prime resellers and get a fully working, tested, guaranteed part for a lot less.

> But that raises the question: are there other Prime
> collectors here?
> I'd never thought to ask.

Well, there's me, but then again, you already knew about me :)

-Ian