[rescue] Sun 4/630 and 4/670 from Mike N.

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Apr 21 20:21:51 CDT 2008

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> "
> " Mike Nicewonger <________ at ________.com>:
> "
> " []
> "
> " The 4/670 is, well, studly.
> " []
> " It has at least one full memory add-on board
>
> just curiosity here - how many add-in memories can a 4/600 take?  i
> was under the impression it was just 1*1G + 512M on the mb, total 1.5G.

The mainboard has 32 slots and will take 16MB SIMMS.  That's 512MB.

There is a memory expansion board (VME) that has 64 memory slots.  It
too supports the 16MB SIMMS.  That would be one Gig...
Two of these can be used (in a 4/670), so... it would appear the max is
2.5G.
(now wouldn't that be something).

I have several 600 mainboards.  I don't have any of the memory expansion
boards,
and I don't have enough of the 16MB modules to fill the mainboard, never
mind
the mainboard and two memory expansion modules.... but it would be a fun
experiment if I could get my hands on enough of the parts and if my
x/x50 chassis
could do two memory boards (I think it is only 5 slots IIRC, so I don't
think it would
even do it physically :-( ).

-- Curt