[rescue] E250 temperatures

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:55:27 CDT 2008

I ran the biggest sgi cluster on the planet for a while (6144 cpus).
It didn't take 30 minutes to boot an O2K with diags on.  I don't have
experience with the little E10k systems (little by my standards), but
even our big alpha cluster that took up a football field didn't take
that long to boot up -at least if you don't count the fact that we
brought it up in sections.   I not disputing that systems take that
long, I just can't see why.  What exactly are they doing when they
POST that takes hours or days?

-Bob