[rescue] recommendation (OSX): Carbon Copy Cloner

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:25:40 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> CCC also serves as a backup program of some sort, though I have not yet
> tested that.

I use CCC as my imaging program before doing major OS upgrades, or
whenever I'm fiddling around with disks or other hardware that might
fsck up a hard drive.

I've also used it as a snapshot of sorts when I'm doing something odd
like trying to merge home directories, iPhoto or iTunes databases, etc.
  It's straightforward and I don't need to read a man page to remember
how to use it for one-offs.

I don't know that I'd use it for regular backups, though.

Bombich did a lot of the original net boot investigation and testing to
offer OS X sys admins options and ideas for automation.  I still need to
test some ideas of my own that his presentation at Mac World inspired.

=Nadine=