[rescue] PIX rescue - which PIX OS on this 515 non-e?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Apr 12 11:27:38 CDT 2008

Latest rescue is a PIX 515 with 32MB RAM - after digging around in my
RAM pile, it now has 128MB RAM, which is supposed to be the maximum for
this device.

It currently has PIX 6.0(1) on it.  Also has a password, but I figured
if I was adding a new load onto it I would clear the password and the
old OS at the same time.

Any Cisco users out there have a recommended level of PIX OS that should
be on this machine?  I intend to use it for a Solaris zones box and not
use up any more public IP addresses.

--Patrick