[rescue] Exploding Indy

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezicsb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:05:27 CDT 2008

Can someone with an R5k Indy ("IP24 ASSY NO: 030-8123-016 REV A")
handy tell me what's supposed to be at C94?  That's right between the
two 96-pin headers for the graphics/daughterboard.  "Save the fuse!" I
heard it cry, before it immolated itself.  Sigh.

I'm guessing it's a surface mount capacitor, identical to the ones at
C90, C91, C92, but I'd rather not guess.  I don't really have the
money/tools/skill to attempt a repair, but if it's just this one bad
component I might give it a shot... I'd love to have at least one
working SGI box around here.  I'd entertain alternatives like a board
swap, but I just can't afford to put much cash into this right now.
:-(

-- Chris