[rescue] Happiness is:

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 11:23:13 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>  >> They're all in my collection. (@:
>  >> * Symbolics 3670
>  >> * IRIS 1000
>  >
>  > *snip*
>  >
>  > You guys impress me more and more every day!!! The history of the
>  > systems of all the list members....
>  >
>  > For a period of time I was after an IRIS 1000 type system. But have
>  > given up that ... challenge.
>  >
>  > I sort of stopped collecting the bigger machines, since space is a
>  > premium. Hopefully after housing market crashes those of us that make
>  > higher than the average household income can once again buy a median
>  > house at a reasonable price.
>
>  Is there a way to run Genera (or another similarly programmer-friendly
>  environment) under emulation on a PC?

If you have an Alpha running Tru64, I have seen (definitely not
downloaded, oh no ;-) torrents claiming to be OpenGenera 2.0 for
Tru64. The file listings looked legit, but since I'm running VMS on my
Alpha and don't have a copy of Tru64, I haven't tested it out.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn