[rescue] Happiness is:

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Tue Apr 1 07:42:47 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:24:34AM -0500, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> On the flip side, totally crushing depression is seeing any type of
> SGI equipment not being loved and cared for.

Sounds like my poor Indy. It was mailed to me in Cape Town by someone in
New York and they just tossed it in a box with some plastic peanuts. This
wasn't helped by the fact that the HD wasn't screwed in, so it bounced
around the case... When I got the machine, the CPU had been knocked out of
its socket and had bent pins and a fair amount of plastic had been broken
off the case. Sadly I could do nothing about the case, but I straightened
the CPU pins with a knife and the machine has worked like a champ ever
since.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner