[rescue] What a load of...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:05:15 CDT 2007

Shel wrote:

> I don't ever recall seeing one in police garb, though.

   It was GOLD, with big, conical red lights on the rear hood. The
interior weas roomy enough to haul not just suspects but also their
impounded cars back to the hoosegow. Awwwwesome.

   Lots of dads were standing around it, quietly devouring it with their
eyes, one or two daring themselves to gently pat it, while their kids
tugged to go see the Boston Medevac helicopter that was about to land.
:7)

   What a car.

- Will
P.S. As a kid we had a brown Pontiac (maybe a Venture) -- variously,
"the Ponti-wreck" or "the Yak" after my brother bought it off dad --
into which all six of us scrunched. (As the youngest, I sat between my
paprents inthe front seat until we sold it and bought a station wagon,
when I was perhaps six years old.) Later, Cris sold the beloved Yak to a
friend whose parents lived on a sheep farm. Said friend patched it with
putty and Bondo in three colors (red, green, and yellow), giving it a
rakish, Rastafarian air as it bumped across the sheep pastures. Good
times...
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator