[rescue] What a load of...

Lucyen Arnett Gabbard lucyen at uark.edu
Thu Sep 27 13:58:07 CDT 2007

> From: Sandwich Maker

> the rambler got 25mpg with a 1bbl carb and 3-speed
> tranny.

> my girlfriend's '01 jeep cherokee <snip!> gets 21mpg with
> fuel injection and a 4sp lockup automatic.  the stick
> can supposedly manage 25.

Ahh, but your 1966 Rambler didn't have to meet crazy <expletive> 1990's
caleefornyaie emissions standards that state nothing more noxious than pure
love and galactic joy can be exhausted from your tail pipe -- even though new
studies are showing that galactic joy causes mutant rats that want to conquer
the universe, and pure love -- well, we won't even go there.

Either way, the Rambler probably didn't have a catalytic converter stopping up
the exaust, nor some of the more "reduce air intake" based emissions systems.
I blame Canad^H^H^Hlifornia.

-Mr. Lucyen Gabbard
 Systems Administrator
 College of Engineering