[rescue] What a load of...

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:44:11 CDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:44 AM, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

>> For those that are of normal height, that's probably fine.  for
>> those of
>> us who are taller, the headrest only protects the neck.  In that
>> jeep,
>> my head touched the roof when i drove.  A PC, or anything else in the
>> back of the car would have easily fell to the ceiling and slid up
>> to the
>> front of the car.  I had repeatedly said that if i ever flipped that
>> thing that i wouldn't walk away, I'm glad i was wrong on that one.
>
> Perhaps one of those grates that goes in the front of the cargo
> area, like
> you use for dogs? Something that can be removed.
>
> I know sometimes I drive a few hours west to go diving at a quarry
> and I
> don't like putting the tank in the back seat because if the vehicle
> was to
> roll, then this heavy steel tank would be loose... (even worse if it's
> filled to 3443psi). But so far I haven't done anything to fix. What
> would be ideal is some sorta mesh net bag thing that I could put it
> in,
> and seatbelt down, would be ideal. All my other stuff goes into a
> pelican
> case that I toss into the trunk.

It'd be pretty low-cost to build a tank "harness" from climbing
harness strapping with Fastex buckles and seat belt that down.
Depending on how your tank attaches to your buoyancy kit, you might
only need a single straight strap or two.

Probably < $20 if you have a sewing machine.  If you don't any
leather shop should be able to sew it to your specs.

=Nadine=