[rescue] What a load of...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Sep 26 08:54:18 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:17:16PM +0200, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> ... or, in a crash, being saved by an airbag, only to end up in the morgue
> with a computer embedded in the back of your skull.

Almost BTDT.  1997, I owned an '87 Pontiac Firebird.  It would hold an
amazing amount of stuff in the back if you folded the rear seat down.

I was returning from a "rescue mission" with a car full of older IBM RT PC
gear (4-5 complete systems).  There's an exit coming off I-35 in Austin
(northbound, towards 6th street) where the offramp is a steep downward
incline/hill, with a stop sign at the bottom.  Due to some other idiot,
I had to slam on my brakes as I got to the end of the offramp.

Right about then was when the hand cart/dolly that I'd laid flat on top
of the pile o'stuff slid forward and beaned me in the back of the head.

d'oh!  I had a lump on ze skull for a few days.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas