[rescue] What a load of...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 25 19:56:04 CDT 2007

Sun machines!

I just dropped off about 24 Sun boxes to Rich K., who intends to get them to Univ. of Maryland Linux Club members over the next few days...

>From memory, it was:

12 Ultra 2s w/o PCPU, RAM, HD or video
8 Ultra 1s (147 -> 200 MHz, some Enterprise versions, some not w/o RAM, HD, video)
4 SS/5 (85 or 110 MHz, some had a small bit of RAM but no video)
2 Ultra 5s (270 MHz, w/o RAM or HD)
6 TGX framebuffers
64 32 Meg DIMMs
16 power cords ;^)

It was quite a load - I'll post pictures if there is interest - the back of my car was quite full, and Rick just giggled when I pulled up... Then we transferred it all to his car 8^)

My wife is pleased the space has been reclaimed, and I'm glad they didn't go to the recycler.

For those folks that inquired about SS/20s and Netras, they'll be moved along their routes to their new homes later this week...

Lionel