[rescue] DG AViiON AV8500 info requested

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Mon Sep 17 05:19:18 CDT 2007

    Greetings rescuers,

    This past Saturday I spent some time with a DG AViiON AV8500 at
RCS/RI with the hopes of getting it loaded with DG/UX (thanks to
those who helped with that!).  Well, it's not "as dead as a doornail"
but close.  Here's what I got from it:

1)  The "FAIL" LED (amber) is lit on the three boards (CPU, MEM,
   and IOC)
2)  The CPU board has the "A" and "B" (green) LEDs illuminated
3)  The "D" (green) LED on the IOC is lit
4)  There was no output to the "OP CONS" port on the IOC even afer
   about 20 minutes

    Does anybody happen to have any doco on this beast that they can
delve into and offer some sage advice as to what I'm actually looking
at (other than a dead machine)?

    Thanks!