[rescue] CLJ4500DN help - rear duplex cover

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 14 16:12:44 CDT 2007

OK, this is real short, but maddeningly frustrating ....  does anyone
know how to open the rear duplexer cover on a Color LaserJet 4500DN?  I
have a paper jam, the printer is insisting I check ALL rear doors, and I
cannot for the life of me figure out how in hell to get the duplexer
cover open.

I know it's SUPPOSED to open.  I know WHERE it's supposed to open.  I
know approximately what it looks like open (the manual, in the section
on jam clearing, shows the door open, but not how to open it).  I just
can't figure out how to transition it from the closed state to the open
state.  There's an obvious release latch, but it doesn't appear to do
anything, I don't know what I'm supposed to do after I push it, and
nothing appears to unlatch when I do.  HP's published phone tech support
number doesn't even *work* (or at any rate, I can't dial it from here).

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.