[rescue] Looking for Cisco 7000 FEIPs

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Sep 14 15:14:47 CDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:43:54 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect the endianness helped.
When I first attempted to use the DEFPA on PPC I discovered endianes
bugs in fpa(4). Matt Thomas, who wrote fpa(4), fixed them. AFAIK the
DEFPA can do endianes conversion in hardware. So host endianess should
not matter, because the hardware cares about it.

But the NetBSD fpa(4) does not get best performace out of the DEFPA
hardware. The same DEFPA in the same Alpha performed better under DEC
UNIX then NetBSD. (Other end of the fibre was an Indigo2. SGI did a very
good job with theirs FDDI implementations.)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen