[rescue] What to do with AT&T 3B2

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Thu Sep 13 19:17:17 CDT 2007

What country? I know of two 3B2 systems in Washington state alone - and
only one of them is in my hands. Don't know if the system disks will
work in mine or not (mine is a Version 3 and I suspect disk images are
for Version 2 machines), but I'll give them a shot, and I know of
several archives that might be interested.

Does anyone here know more about the difference between 5Bus, B5Bus,
and Pbus than the "3B2 Maintenance Manual" says? It indicates that they
are all variants of the main system bus, but no specifics- and I'm
trying to figure out what's what in my machine (a 3B2-1000/80 backplane
(per board numbers), with a 3B2-1000/70 system board).

Also if anyone should happen to have a cache of 3B2 parts that they
don't need . . .