[rescue] Solaris 10 Update 4 now available for download

George Wyche gw at citasystems.com
Thu Sep 13 14:29:53 CDT 2007

@I downloaded the 5 SPARC CD images on Sept 5. They came quickly. I
installed 8/07 3 times for various reasons, but yesterday I chose to
return to the 11/06 version for this reason:

I have an old Tcl/Tk application that made its Pseudocolor colormap
available to a very ignorant graphics application. The 8/07 update
caused a X11  XStoreColor "no permission to change private colormap",
whereas the 11/06 version has no such problem.

I gave myself 2 days to see if I could convince the 11/06 to leave me
alone. I failed. At least 40 programmer hours to solve from the
applications' source code versus ROLLBACK.