[rescue] Solaris 10 Update 4 now available for download

Ahmed Ewing aewing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:28:49 CDT 2007

On 9/12/07, William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> Lionel asked:
> >
> > ...I guess a few other folks are trying to
> > download it ;^)
> >
> > Anyone download it yet? Any interesting observations?
> >
>    My co-worker is getting something like 7k/sec here. I'll try to post
> a follow-up sometime in 2008. :7(

Sun really ought to follow some other software developers and embrace
BitTorrent as a means of distribution for large ISOs, particularly
those in high demand like the latest Solaris 10 update... with less
bandwidth used for them, less download time for us, and greater
acceptance of it as more than an DVD/MP3 bootlegger's tool for the
public at large, everyone wins. :-)

-A