[rescue] Should I buy a 12" G4 iBook?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 22:00:18 CST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 11:30 PM, Nick B. <nick at pelagiris.org> wrote:

> Hmm, think we could convince someone (possibly the CDC?) to do a study in
> an
> attempt to determine the quantity of money you have to steal to become
> "legitimate", and unleaded?
>        Nick
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:57:07PM -0600, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> > "Yes, but for some reason it's illegal to add lead to those who steal
> lots of
> > money."
> >
> > Also one of the only reasons Ballmer has remained lead free for so many
> years.
> >
> > Timothy
> >
> > --
> > If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out but
> > tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
> > expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and no one dares criticize it.
> > (Pierre Gallois)

Yellow Dog Linux is/was great!
We ran YDL on a 12" iBook with an 800Mhz G3 or G4.
It was a piece of art.  The YDL implementation was as superior in the
graphical interface with red hat (at the time) as MacOS is superior to
Windows.  Terrific.
Is YDL still current on the PPC.  If it is, try YDL.
Add a solid state drive (SSD) and you have the advantages of the Asus Eee PC
with the advantages of a full laptop. (regular keyboard & screen)