[rescue] what the heck is it

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Nov 17 13:41:22 CST 2007

OK... so I took it apart...

There are 3 boards... all made by TEC

CPU Board:

CPU.KEY.RAMI/F
HEIID 028930
ASSY NO.HE82D054701

Display Interface Board:

DISPLAY I/F
HEIID 029340
ASSY NO.HE82D054801

FDC Board:

FDC CNT
HEIID 029040
ASSY NO.HE82D054901

The edge connectors have 59 pins on each side.  There is a slit (key)
between
pins 6 and 7 .... not sure if this matches any 'standard' bus.

This is probably all custom stuff... but hoping (probably in vain), that
maybe this
thing is simply built from 'standard' parts... and can run something
else (CPM ? etc)

I have some pictures... but I haven't gotten them uploaded anywhere yet.

The 2 floppy drives are 5.25" FH (like IBM PC/XT) Qume Qumetrak 542 drives
(belt drive of course).  So looks like 300RPM 360K drives.  Not sure of belt
health (the look OK... but not sure how much tension they should have).
These
floppy drives good models ?  Suppose you could use them in a PC/XT
restoration
(minus the fact they wouldn't be Tandons or have IBM P/Ns).

-- Curt