[rescue] Terminal server question

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sat Nov 10 19:19:14 CST 2007

On Saturday 10 November 2007 19:30, Richard wrote:
> In article <f15211ae3dff60fbec77bda70f931f6a at valleyimplants.com>,
>
>     Scott Quinn <compoobah at valleyimplants.com>  writes:
> > I can find some information about the 1600, but very little about
> > the Network 9k/TS720, and not too much about how well it would work
> > for the hobbyist (both of them have the Flash cards).  What does
> > the list think?
>
> My experience has been that you need some host software to make any
> of the terminal servers work and that's the hard part; obtaining the
> hardware seems relatively easy, but the hardware and software always
> seem to get separated.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "host software".  If you want to
connect to a port on a Xyplex terminal server remotely, you use Telnet
(or any application that can connect to a tcp port directly, such as
conserver).  If you mean software to boot it, well if you just ask on
here, I'm sure someone can come up with the appropriate software for
it.

Pat